Pre-Script: I still get a lot of traffic from the Noobkin to Boomkin days, so if you play a moonkin and you’re out looking for info for Patch 6.0 & WoD, here are a couple of resources to get you headed in the right direction: Icy-Veins Balance Druid Guide 6.0, Wrath Calcs, and Moonfarespam: The Moonkin Guide. Good luck out there!
Good morning, men and women of Azeroth. How goes it on this fine patch day? I don’t know about you all, but I looked at my launcher, saw that realms will be back up at 11AM Pacific, and laughed. Sure they will, Blizz; sure they will.
What I Did
Yesterday was a flurry of people trying to get things accomplished. Waiting until the last minute is never a good idea, and there were so many people working to get that last Garrosh kill or Challenge Modes or Brawler’s Guild–Trade Chat on my alt’s server (Sargeras Alliance side) was twice as active as normal, and that’s saying something.
So what have I done this expansion?
- Clearing Heroic Siege (uh, duh). The guild I was in until a few months ago had never cleared a Heroic tier while it was still relevant content, and it took going 10-man, but we got it done.
- Challenge Modes. Three of my characters are sporting their CM sets. Granted, one of them I am not really responsible for, but the other two were completely legit, if not necessarily ideal (moonkin in CM…hahahaha, suckas).
- Brawler’s Guild. I can’t lie, I think Brawler’s Guild is a lot of fun, and I’m still glad I bought the invitation even when it was expensive. I look forward to Season 2, as well!
There were a lot more things: the legendary quest chain, reputations, dailies, the Timeless Isle, farming. Think back to those first few months when we were making daily groups to go out and slaughter mogu for the Golden Lotus, back when DMF trinkets and the inscription off-hands were still a major ordeal and everyone needed a scribe to make them.
Remember those first moments in Jade Forest? The first time we saw Valley of the Four Winds? Opening the Vale if you progressed through the quests? What about stepping into Mogu’shan Vaults and encountering the Quillen and Feng?
For all of the things people didn’t like about Mists of Pandaria, there were a lot of things to like, and I did.
What I Didn’t Do
Ah, yes; I had my own things I waited too long to try to accomplish, and I failed to get them complete. A little disappointing, but it’s my own fault for waiting and for not trying a little harder, so I certainly can’t get mad about it.
- Proving Grounds. I waited until the past 2 weeks to get serious about PG, and it was too late for me. I went for damage on my mage (since moonkin wasn’t happening), but never made it past wave 20. Ah well, there’s always next time.
- Brawler’s Guild Achievements. You know, it really pays to look at the entirety of an achievement before you start working on it. Then, maybe, you’ll realize that there’s a card you need that only comes out of the Darkmoon Faire before the day the DMF goes away for the last time. Collect Your Deck & Rabble Rabble Rabble remain unfinished for this season.
Overall, though, I did most of what I wanted to do before the patch, and I can’t complain about where things stand.
What I’m Going to Do
What’s the plan for today (assuming that servers come up sometime before 10pm my time)?
- Prep my main. First things first. I have a few gem changes to make and a talent point or two to change. That’s priority one.
- THE TOYBOX. Oh my gosh, I can’t WAIT. The bag space I’m going to get back from this is going to be amazing, and I am genuinely excited.
- Void Storage. See previous.
- Blasted Lands Quests. Because hello, your very own mini Ironstar is pretty important, yes?
- UBRS. Just because we can!
- Mythic. See previous. :-P
What about you? What did you get done; not get done? What’s the very first thing you’re going to do when you log in today?