The Newbie Blogger Initiative is off to an awesome start! I’m already having a hard time keeping up with all of the awesomeness.
Recap Week 1:
Of course, some awesomeness took place right here last week with some great responses to the Build Your Own Boss Challenge. I highly encourage you to check these out:
- So I Thought of a Cool Boss (My Staff is Bigger Than Yours) – There’s a new Guild Wars 2 boss. I hope you’re ready for some mechanics, because this guy comes with seven runebooks that can be destroyed–at your own risk!
- Shelotunithu the Undead God (Shards of Imagination) – Get ready, this boss is a doozy: framed, imprisoned, and then corrupted, and he has a penchant for apple pie (who could blame him?).
- Create Your Own Adventure (Aunaka Heals) – The first in a series of bosses for a self-built instance, Calvin and Lorna will have you avoiding sawblades and managing unkillable treants!
- Build Your Own Boss (Bloodthorne) – A weapon called the DecapitAx and waves of Reborn Roadies? How could this not be a good fight? And a soundtrack, to boot!
- Building My Own Boss (Brazokie’s Blog Space) – If you like progressive story encounters–you know, the kind where doing the fight uncovers some kind of lore (I love this)–the Forgotten Adventurer is exactly what you’re looking for!
- Wrath of the Eternal Timekeeper (WASDWay) – This boss feels so much like an actual encounter, I’m pretty sure you could stick it on a Wiki and no one would question it.
Week 2 Challenge:
There was a boss for every type of player last week (and you guys did fantastically, by the way). This week we’re going to get a little more introspective and talk about what type of player you actually are.
About a year or so ago (maybe more, now), I discovered a website: Why Do You Do What You Do? The premise is simple: answer the question with a picture. I fell in love with the idea and created a Why We WoW page on my blog.
I still love the concept, so I’m opening it up again across all genres and games: Why do you do what you do? Why do you play the way you play, why do you play the game you play? Why are you a healer? Why do you PvP? What keeps you coming back?
This is not limited to pictures–I’d love to see your thoughts on why, exactly, you do what you do in the game(s) that you love. And you can have as many answers as you can come up with. I discover new ones every day!
The Week 2 Challenge is simple. Answer this question: Why do you do what you do?
Make sure you link your blog post to me so I can include it next week!