Ahhh, do you smell it? Fresh ocean breezes, cannon fire, blood in the water–smells like new content!
6.2 First Impressions
Let’s go ahead and say what most of us are thinking, shall we? PLEASE MASTER PLAN & GARRISON MISSION MANAGER, WE NEED YOU! How many of you, like me, didn’t realize how good you had it until it was gone? I want them back and fully functional, please and thank you.
Until then, I’m using Garrison Commander as suggested by @thegoldqueen, and it’s working beautifully!
Commander Captain Ambermist has arrived, okay? I’m enjoying the ship missions so far, if not the wait time between them…or the fact that I can’t 100% anything at all yet. Heck, I was excited to get a 94%! But c’mon, I’m a captain.
And then there’s Tanaan Jungle. So far it’s just a thing to do–I go there, I do some quests and bonus objectives, aaaaand that’s about it.
Heroic Hellfire Citadel
Last night we took our first split run group of half mains, half alts into Heroic HFC and blasted through the first 6 bosses, so here’s a look at those in the most TL;DR I can get.
Clicking the boss’s name will take you to the video.
I’m not exaggerating when I say this is basically a really big trash pull. You have 2 cannons that you need to protect from mobs and siege engines until they’re full of ammunition.
Ammunition drops from siege vehicles and lands on the ground in a big green glowy box when you kill them, and you just need someone to be responsible for picking them up and running them to the cannons.
Kill priority is roughly:
- Crushers – big sieges that go straight for your cannons
- Felcasters – cause ouch
- Siege vehicles
- Everything else
Sure, I could be more specific, but trust me when I say that’s more than enough to get you through it. Watch out for things shooting at you. If it looks like it can hurt you it can.
If you get marked with Howling Axe, run away from the raid and wait for it to smack you before running back.
That’s it. All done.
This one gave us the most hassle because of the need to spread out and cause fire burns. Oh, and because the boss likes to suddenly swing around and Blitz in a random direction sometimes. RIP.
Phase 1 Abilities & How to Handle Them:
- Unstable Orb – Hits random raiders and does splash damage. Spread 8 yards.
- Barrage – Boss targets a player and launches fire on the ground in a cone. Move away when she faces you.
- Blitz – Boss charges in straight line, picking up whoever is in her path and doing damage to them. Don’t be in the way of her charge.
- Pounding – Raid-wide AoE requiring cooldowns.
- Immolation – Fire left on the ground by Barrage. Don’t stand in it.
- Artillery – Debuff placed on the tank that does raid-wide AoE when it expires, reduced by distance. Tank runs away to let it expire and no one hugs him until he’s done exploding.
What worked for us was splitting the ranged kind of in half with healers on each side of the room. This gave us more space to spread out for Unstable Orb and more flexibility for dodging Barrages. Healers responsible for Pounding cooldowns would move into melee before casting their CD to maximize raid coverage.
Phase 2 Abilities & How to Handle Them:
- Fuel Streak – Boss spits oil on the ground that will slow anyone standing in it.
- Um, FIRE – Boss lights the oil on fire. Don’t stand in it.
- Uhh, BOMBS – Boss drops bombs all over the room that do a crapton of raid damage if they explode. Kill them ASAP.
- Artillery – The raid-damaging debuff on the tanks from phase 1 will now target a few random players who will need to run away from the raid before the debuff expires.
That’s the fight. Stay away from dangerous things, kill the boss, kill the bombs. Easiest.
I really do recommend finding a way to spread out your ranged and healers, though. Getting people to watch their range meters when resetting after Barrage is turrible, and having more space makes it way easier.
Three bosses, a multi-dotter’s wet dream. We cheesed this a bit…
The three bosses are: Dia Darkwhisper, Blademaster Jubei’thos, and Gurtogg Bloodboil.
We opted to just burn down Bloodboil, eat the decreased HP debuff, and basically put him out of commission for the entire fight.
Dia Darkwhisper’s Abilities
- Mark of the Necromancer – Puts a debuff on a player that jumps to two people when it’s dispelled. It starts as a green debuff, then changes to yellow, then red. Dispel on red.
- Reap – Removes all Mark of the Necromancer debuffs but leaves puddles at the feet of those who have it. When Reap is cast, players with the debuff should move to the edge of the room.
- Wailing Horror – Raid-wide AoE that also spawns voidspawn-type spirits on the edge of the room. They’ll fly in a straight line from where they spawn doing damage, so move out of them.
- Tank Junk – The boss casts Void Bolt on the tank instead of meleeing, and every once in a while she transforms and does a bunch of damage to the tank. Do tank stuff and live.
- Sub 30% – She stops casting Reap, so the debuffs never go away and require careful dispelling and healing.
Blademaster Jubei’thos’s Abilities
- Felblade – Boomeranging sword that goes out and comes back in a straight line noted by an arrow. Don’t stand in the path.
- Felstorm – Unavoidable raidwide AoE.
- Windwalk – Blademaster disappears and summons Mirror Images that do either Felblade or Felstorm. Kill the Images quickly.
- Sub 30% – Occasional, unavoidable raid damage.
- Bloodboil – Damages the 5 furthest targets, but isn’t a lot of damage, so you can practically ignore this mechanic.
- Fel Rage – The boss fixates a player, granting them a defensive buff. His attack speed increases every time he hits the player, so use a cooldown near the end of it if needed.
- Demolishing Leap – The boss starts jumping around the room; avoid swirly circles.
- Tank Junk – Puts Acidic Wound on the tank, a stacking, armor-reducing debuff.
- Sub 30% – Debuffs everyone with lower HP, stacking by 10% until he dies.
Regardless of whether or not you try nuking Bloodboil down like we did, the kill order will be Bloodboil > Blademaster > Darkwhisper.
That’s pretty much everything you need to know about the fight right there, easy peasy.
I’ll post the next 3 tomorrow, thank you, friends! <3
We’ll be doing Heroic HFC again tonight (Wed 6/24), starting a fresh clear in a second group and working on the bosses we haven’t killed yet, as well. Tune in to watch at 8pm Eastern at twitch.tv/ambermist!