You’ve done it! You’ve been blogging for a whole month! How does it feel? Was it as scary as you thought? Was it easier or harder than you expected? However you felt about it on May 1st and however you feel about it now, I’m impressed. Great job, everyone!
This will be my final NBI challenge. It has been a blast reading the great things you guys have come up with, and I can assure you that I’ll be keeping up with a lot of you. If you haven’t added me to Twitter yet, please do so!
First things first, though…
Week 4 Recap
This one was a toughie. I know from experience that if you’re a frequent writer, research and fact-checking usually takes longer than actually writing a post. You all knocked it out of the park, though!
- Learning is Fun! (Goetia’s Letters) – I might be biased, but I happen to think the druid class is pretty awesome, which is why this post is great–it lets us in on the process of creating a new character (troll feral cat druid!), setting it up, and learning to play a new class.
- Not smarter than your average bear (The Daily Frostwolf) – I’ve tried bear tanking. I actually enjoyed it, but the stress was too much for me. Navi decides to give it a go, and takes us through her learning process!
- Family History (GnomeGates) – Gnomegates does some digging around to learn about his family and tells us what he’s discovered about Gnomish history.
- Learning is fun (Starshadow) – Vanguard is going free-to-play soon, and this is a simple stop you can make to get an idea of what you can expect when you log in.
- Tons and Tons of Totems (Flask Half Empty) – Shaman is one of the classes I haven’t played past level 19. That might change one day, and if it does, I’ll know where to come to brush up on my understanding of the way totems work!
- Learning is Fun (Amateur Azerothian) – Working up to level 85 as a prot paladin and then going holy takes some research–this is the process behind a spec change.
- When you can’t be a battlechicken (Brazokie’s Blog Space) – Battle Chicken is a state of mind, my friends–but sometimes you really just need to be a very strong–or smart–chicken. Brazokie tells us about her experience as a chicken in LotRO.
- Video Games Make Me Do Bad Things? (Bloodthorne) – This is an extremely thoughtful post on the idea that playing video games makes us more likely to be violent. My favorite part is the look at the good things gamers do that get overlooked by the mainstream media.
- Lua Plugins and you! (Shards of Imagination) – I would be completely lost if I started playing LotRO right now, but a lot less lost when it comes to Plugins, thanks to Rakuno!
Week 5 Challenge
You’ve survived your first month (or first year or first three months or first what-have-you!) of blogging! NBI started for me with an email from a guy I first met through WoW over a year ago while I was playing a little druid named Roflmeow and have been following ever since. He told me the idea and asked if I would be interested in being a sponsor blog.
Are you kidding? DUH.
Other than having been around for a while, I didn’t feel like I had a lot going for me in terms of being a sponsor blog, but darn it, I was going to do the best I could. You guys made it work (THANK YOU).
It’s your turn! This week, YOU are the sponsor blog.
Your final challenge is this: Find three blogs that participated in NBI, introduce me to each, and give me at least one reason you like each blog.
You guys are awesome. Pay it forward!
Thank you all for a very fun five weeks. I am going to miss May!